AB1157/pLAU44      Source of Strain:
D.J. SherrattOther Designations:
pLAU44 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- 1) This strain is to be used for non-commercial research use only. It is not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.
- 2) The depositors of this strain and the CGSC assume no responsibility or liability for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever.
- 3) No other warranty is made, whether expressed or implied, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Lau, IF, SR Filipe, B Søballe, OA Økstad, FX Barre, DJ Sherratt 2003. Spatial and temporal organization of replicating Escherichia coli chromosomes. Mol. Microbiol. 49(3):731-43.