DH5α/pLAU01      Source of Strain:
D.J. SherrattOther Designations:
pLAU01 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: oripMB1
, bla Plasmid Comment:
pFX92 with 3 tandem copies of the lacO operator site separated by 10 random bp, cloned using the NheI and XbaI sites. pFX92 is a derivative of pUC18 with the following MCS (-EcoRI-BamHI-XhoI-NheI-SmaI-XbaI-SalI-BglII-HindIII-). Chromosomal Markers: Δ(argF-lac)169
, hsdR17Strain Comments:
- 1) This strain is to be used for non-commercial research use only. It is not intended for any animal or human therapeutic or diagnostic use.
- 2) The depositors of this strain and the CGSC assume no responsibility or liability for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever.
- 3) No other warranty is made, whether expressed or implied, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- deoR481-- A selectable phenotype of deoR mutants includes the ability to grow preferentially on minimal medium with inosine as the sole carbon source.
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- endA1-- G to A transition mutation resulting in E208K amino acid substitution.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = good miniprep dsDNA quality
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- Lau, IF, SR Filipe, B Søballe, OA Økstad, FX Barre, DJ Sherratt 2003. Spatial and temporal organization of replicating Escherichia coli chromosomes. Mol. Microbiol. 49(3):731-43.