JP5127      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: tsx-358
, tfr-3Strain Comments:
- 1. R.R.B. Russell and A. Egan suggest these procedures for use of JP5127 for the transduction of rel:
- 2. The concentration of propanediol in minimal plates must be 0.2% at least. Transduction to growth on propanediol may require 5 days' incubation at 37 degrees C.
- 3. In some genetic backgrounds, there is no apparent cotransduction of fuc-3 with argA or rel.
- 4. It is suggested that as much as 0.1 ml of the undiluted transduction mixture be plated (as well as normal dilutions) as the frequency of transductions may be low.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galE45(GalS)-- is from strain PL5 of Buttin.
- fucP-3-- was formerly called prd-1.
- λR-- Lambda resistant, locus unknown.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- GalS = UDPGal accum.toxic if GalKRP+
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Russell, RR 1973. Close linkage of prd and rel genes in Escherichia coli K-12. Mol. Gen. Genet. 124(4):369-70.