W3208      Source of Strain:
F8 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: Chromosomal Markers: relA1
, creC510Strain Comments:
- W3208 was originally thought to be Hfr--Lederberg Hfr8. When examined later it was F' It may be a primary F' and carry a chromosomal deletion corresponding to F8: DE( tolAB-gal)43.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- creC510-- The constitutive phenotype is due to an R77P amino acid substitution
- creC510 was formerly called phoM510
- Const = constitutive
- Ohtsubo, E, MT Hsu 1978. Electron microscope heteroduplex studies of sequence relations among plasmids of Escherichia coli: structure of F100, F152, and F8 and mapping of the Escherichia coli chromosomal region fep-supE-gal-attlambda-uvrB. J. Bacteriol. 134(3):778-94.