RD22      Source of Strain:
F203 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: purE
, lac Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-lac)5
, spoT1Strain Comments:
- Δ(gpt-lac)5-- is the deletion Δ( pro-lac)X111 of Jacob and originated in the strain Hfr 3000 X111.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- recA56-- Amino acid substitution Arg 60 Cys
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Deonier, RC, L Mirels 1977. Excision of F plasmid sequences by recombination at directly repeated insertion sequence 2 elements: involvement of recA. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 74(9):3965-9.