JAHK9      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(codB-lacI)3
, rpoB303Strain Comments:
- Δ(codB-lacI)3-- is a deletion of the entire lac operon, from the strain Hfr 3000 X74 of Jacob. Refs. on extent of deletion: Sung et al.1987,J.Bact.169:2639; Gerdes et al.2001
- Δ(codB-lacI)3-- Shown by Durfee et al. to extend from codon 292 of yahG through mhpE
- Δ(codB-lacI)3-- Shown by Ferrandez et al. 1997 to extend to mhpD
- trpA49(Am)-- is the amber mutation formerly called trp-8am by Brenner.
- rpsL150(strR)-- T to C transition mutation resulting in a K43R amino acid substitution.
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called Δ(lac)3
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called Δlac74
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called DE(lac)6
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called X74
- Δ(codB-lacI)3 was formerly called Δ(yahG-mhpE)
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- ethR = ethionine resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Holloway, CT, RC Greene, CH Su 1970. Regulation of S-adenosylmethionine synthetase in Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 104(2):734-47.
- Su, CH, RC Greene 1971. Regulation of methionine biosynthesis in Escherichia coli: mapping of the metJ locus and properties of a metJ plus-metJ minus diploid. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 68(2):367-71.