JF618      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- Note that this strain requires added cytidine, even in rich media.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Friesen, JD, J Parker, RJ Watson, NP Fill, S Pedersen, FS Pedersen 1976. Isolation of a lambda transducing bacteriophage carrying the relA gene of Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 127(2):917-22.