MA197      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- CanR?-1-- This is a mutation that results in canavanine resistance and maps near argP, but does not affect arginine transport.
- CanR?-1 was formerly called can-1
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Maas, W.K. 1972. Mapping of genes involved in the synthesis of spermidine in Escherichia coli. Mol.Gen.Genet. 119:1-9