CS130      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, rpsL8 or rpsL25
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- lacZ125(Am)-- is the amber mutation from Zipser's strain NG125 and Brenner's CA274. It was formerly called lac125am by Brenner. In `interval 6' of Newton et al. JMB 14:290 (1965).
- metG155-- was isolated as a revertant of a metG146 strain, which rendered it Met+ in a relA+ background and Met- in relA1 background.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Somerville, CR, A Ahmed 1977. rel-dependent methionine requirement in revertants of a methionyl-transfer RNA synthetase mutant of Escherichia coli. J. Mol. Biol. 111(1):77-81.