UTH6406      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: leuB6
, tyr-8Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- mdh-10-- It has been noted that mdh mutants in general are leaky and are distinguished from wild-type alleles by small colony size at 24-36 hours on medium with malate (autoclaved and at pH 6.0).
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- = strep-resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Fs = Frameshift mutation
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Shaw, CR, JN Baptist, DA Wright, TS Matney 1973. Isolation of induced mutations in E. coli affecting the electrophoretic mobility of enzymes. Mutat. Res. 18(3):247-50.
- Heard, JT, MA Butler, JN Baptist, TS Matney 1975. Chromosomal location of mutations affecting the electrophoretic mobility of malate dehydrogenase in Escherichia coli K-12. J. Bacteriol. 122(1):329-31.