DH5α/pEXT21      Source of Strain:
T. LinnOther Designations:
pEXT21 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: aadA
, lacIp-4000(lacIQ) Chromosomal Markers: Δ(argF-lac)169
, hsdR17Strain Comments:
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- deoR481-- A selectable phenotype of deoR mutants includes the ability to grow preferentially on minimal medium with inosine as the sole carbon source.
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- endA1-- G to A transition mutation resulting in E208K amino acid substitution.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = good miniprep dsDNA quality
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- SpcR = spectinomycin resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Dykxhoorn, DM, R St Pierre, T Linn 1996. A set of compatible tac promoter expression vectors. Gene 177(1-2):133-6.