MI226a      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araBAD-9
, rpsL8 or rplL9
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain is IlvG- due to the ilvG605 mutation.
- lacZ13(Oc)-- is lacZ2 of Jacob, originating in Paris strain 3.320. It is an ochre, polar mutation.
- ilvG603(Act)-- is an insertion mutation which activates the ilvG gene.
- ilvG605(Am)-- is an amber mutation.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Act = activates the Gene
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Favre, R, A Wiater, S Puppo, M Iaccarino 1976. Expression of a valine-resistant acetolactate synthase activity mediated by the ilv O and ilv G genes of Escherichia coli K-12. Mol. Gen. Genet. 143(3):243-52.
- Lawther, R.P., D.H. Calhoun, J.E. Gray, C.W. Adams, C.A. Hauser, G.W. Hatfield 1982. DNA sequence fine-structure analysis of ilvG (IlvG+) mutations of Escherichia coli K-12. J.Bacteriol. 149:294-298