W945T1-2, LAM-      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This is a LAM- derivative of Courtright and Henning strain W945T1-2.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- mdh-2-- It has been noted that mdh mutants in general are leaky and are distinguished from wild-type alleles by colony size at 24-46 hours on media containing malate (autoclaved and at pH 6.0).
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Courtright, J.B., U. Henning 1970. Malate dehydrogenase mutants in Escherichia coli K-12. J.Bacteriol. 102:722-728
- Heard, JT, MA Butler, JN Baptist, TS Matney 1975. Chromosomal location of mutations affecting the electrophoretic mobility of malate dehydrogenase in Escherichia coli K-12. J. Bacteriol. 122(1):329-31.