DG30      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-proA)62
, hppT-29Strain Comments:
- 1.Note on tyrB- and aspC- strains:
- 2.For growth of these strains, rich media should be supplemented with tyrosine and phenylalanine (50ug/ml.).
- 3.Minimal medium should be supplemented with asparagine, glutamic acid and glutamine (100 ug/ml), succinate (2.5 mg/ml), malate (2.5 mg/ml) and a-ketoglutarate (1 mg/ml).
- 4.For a discussion of the problems encountered in using these markers in transduction studies, see Gelfand and Rudo 1977 J. Bacteriol. 130:441.
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- hppT-29-- : perhaps pHPP transport. spontaneous mutation of DG14 that allowed utilization of p-hydroxyphenylpyruvate to satisfy the Tyr requirement of tyrA16. Unmapped
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Gelfand, DH, RA Steinberg 1977. Escherichia coli mutants deficient in the aspartate and aromatic amino acid aminotransferases. J. Bacteriol. 130(1):429-40.
- Gelfand, D.H., N. Rudo 1977. Mapping of the aspartate and aromatic amino acid amino-transferase genes tyrB and aspC. J.Bacteriol. 130:441-444