SA1500      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lon-100
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- lon-100(del?)-- : originally thought to be a deletion of the structural gene,but Maurizi ref.reports production of small amt.of Lon protein and restriction results suggest promoter insert.or del.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- lon-100(del?) was formerly called lon-100(del)
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- del? = deletion or insertion
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Gottesman, S, D Zipser 1978. Deg phenotype of Escherichia coli lon mutants. J. Bacteriol. 133(2):844-51.
- Gottesman, S., E. Halpern, P. Trisler 1981. Role of sulA and sulB in filamentation by lon mutants of Escherichia coli. J.Bacteriol. 148:265-273