T31-H      Source of Strain:
Lawther & HatfieldSex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacY1 or lacZ4
, rpsL8 or rplL9
(L?) or rpsL14
, tsx-23 or tsx-25Strain Comments:
- The trp alleles are amber mutations: ilvD188 is ochre. This strain is isogenic with T31-4 except for the purF-hisT region, which was transduced in from different backgrounds.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- dsdA1-- is called dsdA7 by McFall (1967 Genetics 55:91).
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- trpA9761(Am) was formerly called trp-47
- trpA9761(Am) was formerly called trp-40
- truA76 was formerly called hisT76
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Bruni, C.B., V. Colantuoni, L. Sbordone, R. Cortese, F. Blasi 1977. Biochemical and regulatory properties of Escherichia coli K-12 hisT mutants. J.Bacteriol. 130:4-10
- Lawther, R.P., G.W. Hatfield 1977. Biochemical characterization of an Escherichia coli hisT strain. J.Bacteriol. 130:552-557