DE418      Source of Strain:
F. StahlOther Designations:
pLM2 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: kan
, kan Plasmid Comment:
Broad host-range plasmid, derivative of RP1, but with amber mutations in bla and tet Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, hsdR19Strain Comments:
- It is believed that this plasmid is in a W3110 background, but that has not been positively established. It is documented to be a non-suppressing host so it should be sensitive to ampicillin and tetracycline.
- thyA36-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- rph-1-- is a 1 bp deletion that results in frameshift over last 15 codons and has polar effect on pyrE leading to suboptimal pyrimidine levels on minimal medium.(Jensen 1993 JBact.175:3401)
- rifR = rifamycin resistance
- = kanamycin resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Mindich, L., C.J. Cohen, M. Weisburd 1976. Isolation of nonsense suppressor mutants of Pseudomonas. J.Bacteriol. 126:177-182
- Seed, B 1983. Purification of genomic sequences from bacteriophage libraries by recombination and selection in vivo. Nucleic Acids Res. 11(8):2427-45.