N4177      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: galK2
- Reference below refers to sibling strain N4178.
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- IN(rrnD-rrnE)1-- Inverts the region between rrnD (73.74 min) and rrnE (90.66 min)
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- CouR = coumermycin-resistant
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Hansen, FG, K von Meyenburg 1979. Characterization of the dnaA, gyrB and other genes in the dnaA region of the Escherichia coli chromosome on specialized transducing phages lambda tna. Mol. Gen. Genet. 175(2):135-44.