DH5α/pRH133      Source of Strain:
F. StahlOther Designations:
pRH133 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: bla
, ori[pMB1] Plasmid Comment:
This plasmid expresses the phage P1 Recombinase Cre Chromosomal Markers: Δ(argF-lac)169
, hsdR17Strain Comments:
- The pRH133 plasmid expresses the phage P1 recombinase Cre.
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- endA1-- G to A transition mutation resulting in E208K amino acid substitution.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = good miniprep dsDNA quality
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- ApR = ampicillin resistant
- Wierzbicki, A, M Kendall, K Abremski, R Hoess 1987. A mutational analysis of the bacteriophage P1 recombinase Cre. J. Mol. Biol. 195(4):785-94.