JS10      Source of Strain:
Sturgeon & IngramSex:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain is cold-sensitive. Grow at 39 degrees C.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- purE42-- :Strains with this marker are derivatives of Χ148 and may carry malA38LAMR and a suppressor of the Mal- phenotype, sup-78,near his.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- aziR = azide resistance
- Cs = cold-sensitive
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Sturgeon, JA, LO Ingram 1978. Low-temperature conditional cell division mutants of Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 133(1):256-64.
- Gill, D.R., G.F. Hatfull, G.P.C. Salmond 1986. A new cell division operon in Escherichia coli. Mol.Gen.Genet. 205:134-145