DP50, supF      Source of Strain:
D. PereiraOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: fhuA53
, lacY1 or Δ(cod-lacI)6
, hsdS3Strain Comments:
- dapD8-- Strains with this mutation require 100ug/ml diaminopimelic acid even when grown on LB
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- ΔthyA57-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- tyrT58(AS) was formerly called supF58
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- Leder, P, D Tiemeier, L Enquist 1977. EK2 derivatives of bacteriophage lambda useful in the cloning of DNA from higher organisms: the lambdagtWES system. Science 196(4286):175-7.