PJ1      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Jeggo, P. 1979. Isolation and characterization of Escherichia coli K-12 mutants unable to induce the adaptive response to simple alkylating agents. J.Bacteriol. 139:783-791
- Sedgwick, B. 1982. Genetic mapping of the ada and adc mutations affecting the adaptive response of Escherichia coli to alkylating agents. J.Bacteriol. 150:984-988