SK1592      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacZ4 or lac-61
, ton-58Strain Comments:
- The strain is φXS. Other parts of the chromosome could have come from E. coli C.
- We do not know of a reference to SK1592, although we understand that one will appear soon. The following is a reference to SK1590, the ton+ parent of SK1592:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- endA1-- G to A transition mutation resulting in E208K amino acid substitution.
- rfa-([C])-- comes from E. coli C.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = good miniprep dsDNA quality
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- [C] = from E. coli C.