JC10240      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
45 Map Position:
65.00 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: thr-300
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- Growth of P1 on this strain yields low-titer lysates.
- recA56-- Amino acid substitution Arg 60 Cys
- srlD300::Tn10-- : The insertion was determined by sequencing to be within srlD (F.W.Pons, pers.commun., Oct.2000)
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- srlD300::Tn10 was formerly called srlC300::Tn10
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = tetracycline resistant
- SpcR = spectinomycin resistant
- Csonka, LN, AJ Clark 1980. Construction of an Hfr strain useful for transferring recA mutations between Escherichia coli strains. J. Bacteriol. 143(1):529-30.