NK5549      Source of Strain:
F42-12 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: lacI22
, lacZ4502::Tn10 Chromosomal Markers: ara-600
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- Δ(gpt-lac)5-- is the deletion Δ( pro-lac)X111 of Jacob and originated in the strain Hfr 3000 X111.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- rifR = rifamycin resistance
- = tetracycline resistant
- Foster, TJ 1977. Insertion of the tetracycline resistance translocation unit Tn10 in the lac operon of Escherichia coli K12. Mol. Gen. Genet. 154(3):305-9.