NK5648      Source of Strain:
F128-12 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: lacIp-4000(lacIQ)
, lac-::Tn9 Plasmid Comment:
Carries Tn9 inserted into lacZ or lacY. Derivation not known to us; episome was described as F'laci^QlacL8pro with Tn9 in lacY,Z Chromosomal Markers: araBAD-0
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- The ara and rpo alleles are not identified because of the unknown derivation of the strain.
- The episome carries Tn 9 inserted into lacZ or lacY. We do not know the derivation of this strain. The F' was described to us as follows: lacIQL8 pro with Tn9 in lacYZ
- Δ(gpt-lac)5-- is the deletion Δ( pro-lac)X111 of Jacob and originated in the strain Hfr 3000 X111.
- argE-(Am)-- is suppressible by all of the characterized amber and ochre suppressors in Miller et a. 1977
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- rifR = rifamycin resistance
- = chloramphenicol resistant