KL164      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
45 Map Position:
65.00 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: λ-
, deoB13Strain Comments:
- e14--- : Loss of the e14 element makes the strain McrA-.
- nalB4-- : resistant to 6 ug/ml nalidixic acid in KL
- thyA24-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Hane, M.W., T.H. Wood 1969. Escherichia coli K-12 mutants resistant to nalidixic acid: genetic mapping and dominant studies. J.Bacteriol. 99:238-241