GU1328      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, cpdB1Strain Comments:
- This strain requires uridine, not uracil.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- spoT1-- In addition to the 6bp insertion, there is a C to T transition resulting in an H257Y substitution.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Beacham, I.R., S. Garrett 1980. Isolation of Escherichia coli mutants (cpdB) deficient in periplasmic 2':3'-cyclic phosphodiesterase and genetic mapping of the cpdB locus. J.Gen.Microbiol. 119:31-34