χ463      Source of Strain:
R. CurtissOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- Strain Χ463 is a sibling of strains Χ462, Χ474 and Χ478, which are described in the paper referred to below.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- proA181-- is more stable thatn proA180.
- purE42-- :Strains with this marker are derivatives of Χ148 and may carry malA38LAMR and a suppressor of the Mal- phenotype, sup-78,near his.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- aziR = azide resistance
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Berg, CM, R Curtiss 1967. Transposition derivatives of an Hfr strain of Escherichia coli K-12. Genetics 56(3):503-25.