PL1      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
12 Map Position:
68.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-proA)62
, lacY1 or lacZ4
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- LEBOY, PS, EC COX, JG FLAKS 1964. THE CHROMOSOMAL SITE SPECIFYING A RIBOSOMAL PROTEIN IN ESCHERICHIA COLI. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 52:1367-74.