EB30      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
12 Map Position:
68.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: Δ(gpt-proA)62
, lacY1 or lacZ4
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain is streptomycin-dependent.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- SpcR = spectinomycin resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Birge, EA, CG Kurland 1970. Reversion of a streptomycin-dependent strain of Escherichia coli. Mol. Gen. Genet. 109(4):356-69.