AB442      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: fhuA2
, lacY1 or lacZ4
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- The Meynells say that the culture of AB442 that they received was grossly contaminated and not recoverable.
- purF1-- is a very stable mutation and may be an intragenic deletion.
- cysE8-- mutant grows on L-cysteine, has low reversion rate.
- cysE8 was formerly called cysA8
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- Fs = Frameshift mutation
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Taylor, A.L., M.S. Thoman 1964. The genetic map of Escherichia coli K-12. Genetics 50:659-663