AB442      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: fhuA2::IS2
, lacY1 or lacZ4
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- The Meynells say that the culture of AB442 that they received was grossly contaminated and not recoverable.
- hisG1-- This mutation has been reported as either a frameshift or a 36 nt deletion
- purF1-- is a very stable mutation and may be an intragenic deletion.
- cysE8-- mutant grows on L-cysteine, has low reversion rate.
- cysE8 was formerly called cysA8
- fhuA2::IS2 was formerly called fhuA2
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- ::IS2 = Insertion of IS2
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Taylor, A.L., M.S. Thoman 1964. The genetic map of Escherichia coli K-12. Genetics 50:659-663