AB2068      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araBAD-9
, lacY1 or lacZ4
, rpsL8 or rplL9
, arg-19Strain Comments:
- This strain probably contains a weak amber suppressor.
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- arg-19-- In cgsc: AB2068 F+. Source: Eggertsson AB1976 (EMS) -> AB2068.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.