AB2096      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
12 Map Position:
68.80 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Clockwise Chromosomal Markers: glnX44
, ΔargH1Strain Comments:
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- purF1-- is a very stable mutation and may be an intragenic deletion.
- ilvD145-- is suppressed by supH11.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Eggertsson, G., E.A. Adelberg 1965. Map positions and specificities of suppressor mutations in Escherichia coli K-12. Genetics 52:319-340