AB2151      Source of Strain:
Hfr Point of Origin#:
13 Map Position:
84.98 Direction of Marker Transfer:
Counterclockwise Chromosomal Markers: leuB6
, str-8Strain Comments:
- This strain grows slowly on minimal + thi +ile + leu + val. We have reports that the tna allele is leaky.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- PITTARD, J, EA ADELBERG 1964. GENE TRANSFER BY F' STRAINS OF ESCHERICHIA COLI K-12. III. AN ANALYSIS OF THE RECOMBINATION EVENTS OCCURRING IN THE F' MALE AND IN THE ZYGOTES. Genetics 49:995-1007.
- PITTARD, J 1965. EFFECT OF INTEGRATED SEX FACTOR ON TRANSDUCTION OF CHROMOSOMAL GENES IN ESCHERICHIA COLI. J. Bacteriol. 89:680-6.