AB2481      Source of Strain:
? Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, lacY1 or lacZ4
(strR) or rpsL8
, uvrA6Strain Comments:
- This strain is sensitive to male-specific phage MS2, but mates and acts as an acceptor strain with Fgal episomes, so it may be a defective male.
- This strain may carry an amber suppressor.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = strep-resistant
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Howard-Flanders, P, L Theriot, JB Stedeford 1969. Some properties of excision-defective recombination-deficient mutants of Escherichia coli K-12. J. Bacteriol. 97(3):1134-41.