AB2533      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacY1
, λRStrain Comments:
- purF1-- is a very stable mutation and may be an intragenic deletion.
- thyA3-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- λR-- Lambda resistant, locus unknown.
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- xyl-7 was formerly called xylA7
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Eggertsson, G., E.A. Adelberg 1965. Map positions and specificities of suppressor mutations in Escherichia coli K-12. Genetics 52:319-340