DH5α/pBAD-YC      Source of Strain: Other Designations:
pBAD-YC Plasmid Markers/Mutations: orip15A
, clsC Plasmid Comment:
pBAD30 with ymdB-clsC inserted between XbaI and HindIII Chromosomal Markers: Δ(argF-lac)169
, hsdR17Strain Comments:
- DH5 is a non-mutagenized derivative of DH1, which transforms more efficiently due to a deoR mutation.
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- extends from mmuP through orfs preceding argF, through lac to mhpD, literally Δ(mmuP-mhpD)169. (Peters et al. 2003 JB 185:2017)
- Δ(argF-lac)169-- from strain Hfr3000 U169 was initially called ΔlacU169 and described as a lacZY mutation until found to include argF and lacI.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- deoR481-- A selectable phenotype of deoR mutants includes the ability to grow preferentially on minimal medium with inosine as the sole carbon source.
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- endA1-- G to A transition mutation resulting in E208K amino acid substitution.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = good miniprep dsDNA quality
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- NalR = Nalidix.acidResist.
- Tan, BK, M Bogdanov, J Zhao, W Dowhan, CR Raetz, Z Guan 2012. Discovery of a cardiolipin synthase utilizing phosphatidylethanolamine and phosphatidylglycerol as substrates. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 109(41):16504-9.