CJ376      Source of Strain:
C.M. JoyceOther Designations:
pCJ136 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: orip15A
, cat Plasmid Comment:
A full description of this plasmid is not yet in our database Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain contains a plasmid encoding a temperature-sensitive Lambda repressor gene. It is commonly used for heat induction of Klenow fragment expression as described in the listed Joyce and Grindley, 1983 reference
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(xthA-pncA)90-- Deleted region includes at least xthA,ydjXYZ,ynjABCDEFGH,gdhA,ynjI,topB,selD,ydjA, sppA,ansA and pncA
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Joyce, CM, ND Grindley 1983. Construction of a plasmid that overproduces the large proteolytic fragment (Klenow fragment) of DNA polymerase I of Escherichia coli. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 80(7):1830-4.
- Derbyshire, V, ND Grindley, CM Joyce 1991. The 3'-5' exonuclease of DNA polymerase I of Escherichia coli: contribution of each amino acid at the active site to the reaction. EMBO J. 10(1):17-24.