AB3048, LAM-      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: glnV44
, deo-220Strain Comments:
- This strain may be P1 lysogen. The deo marker is either deoB or deoC.
- thyA34-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- endA1-- G to A transition mutation resulting in E208K amino acid substitution.
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- = good miniprep dsDNA quality
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Howard-Flanders, P. 1968. Cold Spr.Harb.Symp.Quant.Biol. 33:195-0