AB3523      Source of Strain:
J.A. WechslerOther Designations:
F2016-2 Plasmid Markers/Mutations: ilvD75
, ilvA Chromosomal Markers: lacY1 or lacZ4
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- This strain may carry an unmapped weak amber suppressor.
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- ilvD75-- suppressed by sup-13
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Wechsler, J.A. 1969. Antipolarity in the ilv operon of Escherichia coli K-12. J.Bacteriol. 98:1179-1194