AB3708      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, lacY1 or lacZ4
, nal-11Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- Δ(gpt-proA)62 was formerly called proA2
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- LamR = Lambda-resistant
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Bouck, N, EA Adelberg 1970. Mechanism of action of nalidixic acid on conjugating bacteria. J. Bacteriol. 102(3):688-701.