TS-40      Source of Strain:
A. BoydOther Designations:
F- Chromosomal Markers: galK2
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- tsm-11(DNA(ts))-- is a DNA temperature-sensitive mutation. It shows high residual incorporation of 3H-thymine at 42 degrees C.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- DNA(ts) = DNA temperature-sensitive
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- Boyd, D, R Nixon, S Gillespie, D Gillespie 1968. Screening of Escherichia coli temperature-sensitive mutants by pretreatment with glucose starvation. J. Bacteriol. 95(3):1040-50.