AB4005      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, deoC1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- thyA6-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- thyA6-- : Even with Luria or other complete media, supplement with thymine.
- rpsE2296(SpcR)-- is Apirion's spc-296. It was erroneously listed as spc-54 in the paper cited.
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- SpcR = spectinomycin resistant
- strR = streptomycin resist.