SR1271      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, thiE1Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnV44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- recG2102 was formerly called radC102
- rfbC1 was formerly called rfbD1
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Felzenszwalb, I., N.J. Sargentini, K.C. Smith 1984. Characterization of a new radiation-sensitive mutant, Escherichia coli K-12 radC102. Radiat.Res. 97:615-625