AB4010      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: thr-1
, spc-9Strain Comments:
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- tsm-7(DNA(ts))-- = DNATS -7a of Bonhoeffer. Maps between min.91-97, so probably in dnaB.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- thyA6-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- thyA6-- : Even with Luria or other complete media, supplement with thymine.
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- DNA(ts) = DNA temperature-sensitive
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Marinus, MG, EA Adelberg 1970. Vegetative Replication and Transfer Replication of Deoxyribonucleic Acid in Temperature-Sensitive Mutants of Escherichia coli K-12. 104(3):1266-1272.