EM136      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, tfr-5Strain Comments:
- This strain must be grown in the presence of 200γ/ml streptomycin in order to prevent selection of faster-growing revertants of the streptomycin-suppressible lethal mutation Ssl-136.
- glnX44(AS)-- Mutation is a C to T transition at nucleotide 34 (3rd position of the anticodon)
- galK2(Oc)-- is a GAA(glu) to TAA(ochre) mutation, residue 134. Oller et al.1993. Apparently non-suppressible, since all revertants found were at the ochre site.
- ilv-275-- The ilv-275 mutation renders this strain conditionally streptomycon-dependent.
- Ssl-136-- streptomycin-suppressible lethal mutation.
- galK2(Oc) was formerly called gal2
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called supE44
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called su+II
- glnX44(AS) was formerly called glnV44
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- Oc = ochre(UAA) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Murgola, EJ, EA Adelberg 1970. Streptomycin-suppressible lethal mutations in Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 103(1):20-6.