KL415      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: araC14
, spc-15Strain Comments:
- This strain carries an uncharacterized mutation near his which confers a Mal+ phenotype.
- leuB6(Am)-- Suppressed by serU suppressor (supH)
- recA200(ts)-- is a temperature-sensitive mutation that can be tested for on plates of Luria Agar, modified to contain only 0.5 g/L NaCl, with 0.4 ug/ml mitomycin C at 42 C.
- thyA54-- Strains with this marker must have their medium supplemented with thymine (25ug/ml). This is true even for rich medium such as LB. Otherwise thymine starvation can lead to thymineless death.
- malA38-- : In Χ65 a Mal+ phenotype may have resulted from suppression of malA1, but in the absence of evidence, we show the mutations as malA38 and sup-78.
- proC32 was formerly called proC65
- thiE1 was formerly called thi-1
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- Stable = stable, non-reverting
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Lloyd, R.G., K.B. Low, G.N. Godson, E.A. Birge 1974. Isolation and characterization of an Escherichia coli K-12 mutant with a temperature-sensitive RecA- phenotype. J.Bacteriol. 120:407-415