DS68      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: lacZ53
(strR), arg-47Strain Comments:
- LAMcI857 is integrated very close to serU(supD).
- lacZ53(Am)-- is the Paris lac-Y14 amber.
- trpA49(Am)-- is the amber mutation formerly called trp-8am by Brenner.
- rpsL150(strR)-- T to C transition mutation resulting in a K43R amino acid substitution.
- arg-47-- is a point mutation in the argC-H cluster
- serU132(AS) was formerly called supD32
- serU132(AS) was formerly called Su1+
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- AS = amber(UAG) suppressor
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- ts = Temperature Sensitive
- Steege, DA, B Low 1975. Isolation and characterization of lambda transducing bacteriophages for the su1+ (supD minus) amber suppressor of Escherichia coli. J. Bacteriol. 122(1):120-8.