DS2      Source of Strain:
F- Chromosomal Markers: phoA4
- This strain was made by D. steege in Wilhelm's laboratory to replace HW-1A2, which had been lost. It is ValR. (Reference to HW-1A2.)
- phoA4(Am)-- is Garen's phoAS26 . It is suppressed by leuX151, glnV33(=supE33) and serU132(=supD32).
- recA1-- : Missense mutation, altered isoelectric point. Sequenced: G to A for Nuc. 720 (Gly 160 Asp).
- Am = amber(UAG) mutation
- strR = streptomycin resist.
- Hoffman, E.P., R. Wilhelm 1970. Genetic mapping and dominance of the amber suppressor, Su1 (supD) in Escherichia coli K-12. J.Bacteriol. 103:32-36